Apply for A Student Placement
A very successful event with PetValu, hosted by our volunteers!
Save A Life Canada Anima Rescue Society is recognized as one of the foremost not-for-profit agencies for animal rescue and pet placement in Nova Scotia. This year, we welcome students from universities, colleges, and secondary school co-op programs for student placements. Placement students are oriented, trained, and supervised by experienced staff and directors.
Save A Life Canada is committed to providing a student placement experience that supports students’ learning goals in alignment with our work and mission. Students, directors, and staff work together to ensure a successful student placement experience that benefits both students and community members.
Get hands-on experience with event management and planning, group management, fundraising, marketing and networking, professional documentation, web design and graphic design, customer service, grant and proposal writing, and we even have jobs and opportunities available for carpentry and photography students! If you dream it, we will empower it.
The following information is only for the student placement application process. If you would like to volunteer your time and skills outside of an academic or college requirement, please contact one of our directors through email at [email protected]
Please note that Save A Life Canada only accepts students from academic institutions that are registered and in good standing with Nova Scotia Colleges and Universities, or their appropriate regional governing body.
How To Apply
- Complete an online application. Once submitted, you will receive an automatic email confirming receipt of the application.
- After reviewing applications, we will invite student candidates to a screening interview to ensure the best match between students’ interests and opportunities with Save A Life Canada. (Please note that due to the large volume of applications we may receive, we may only be able to contact those candidates who are selected for an interview.)
- If you are accepted for a student placement with Save A Life Canada, you’ll receive a letter of acceptance by email. Your student placement packet will include your acceptance letter, as well as policy and training information, including: Confidentiality Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy and an Information Packet.
- Your student placement is complete only when you make a commitment to the program by signing and returning your letter of acceptance by mail or email to the attention of your Volunteer Coordinator within 10 days.
- Before your first day of placement, you may be required to complete some online training. You will be asked to bring signed copies of the required policies and paperwork with you on the first day of your placement.
- Inform your academic institution field supervisor that you will be completing a practicum with Save A Life Canada. We must receive signed documentation from your professor in order to officially approve your Student Placement Status.
- Before your first day of placement, you may have to complete a criminal record check if your placement task or academic institution requires one.
** Please Note: Save A Life Canada does not have a physical location; we are a global foster based animal rescue; therefore, our clients are placed into loving family homes. Our rescued pets do not require a shelter environment. Our directors will be working one on one with you, face to face and online, throughout the duration of your Student Placement.